B4J Question Subscription Webhooks

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
This questions is about building a web service with a monthly subscription to be able to log in once the payment is completed.
When creating a webservice on server side, it would be useful to integrate it using B4X and mySQL with PHP.
From the app (B4X Client side) a call needs to check the status of the users account in the database for appropriate names/commands/status.

Which records are needed for a monthly subscription to work as the very basic level?
What's the recommended records to be used for this? How to structure such a process?

This is what I found but I leave this to you experts out there to have your word on this.
If you have done this please share advice and code snippets how to proceed to make this work.
  • Record subscription id with subscription.activated webhook
  • Listen for subscription.deactivated webhook
  • Make API calls to /subscriptions endpoint verify a subscription is still valid (do not depend only on subscription.deactivated)
I've head about webhooks, but what is your experience and advice on how to use this? Which companies offers
international pay. Can Paypal be used? How about Stripe? FastSpring? Klarna which is better? They all use API's for this?

I leave this open for all of you to discuss in this thread. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: