Android Question Suggestions/Help with Photo Project

Tyler

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey, not sure if this is the right section for this so please feel free to point me in the right direction if not. So I have a project I'm working on where I need to be able to select what I'm taking a photo of and where, then actually take the photo(or several photos). Then I need to be able to go back in and edit that information after the fact, in hopefully a gallery-type interface where I tap the photos and can then edit the info. The closest thing to what I'm talking about would be auditing software but I need to be able to tailor it specifically for my needs as they will change greatly over time. I seem to be having an impossible time wrapping my head around this and it's important that I get this done in some manner. Any insight into how I might accomplish this would be very much appreciated, even just a general suggestion. It feels like a puzzle that I don't have the instructions to and there's no edge pieces :(

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure you understand your question. I think you want to enter the Gallery to choose a photo and upload or have information. Try this.
(Use Phone library)
B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
    'Do not forget to load the layout file created with the visual designer. For example:
    'Activity.LoadLayout("Layout1")
    Dim selectedimage As ContentChooser
    selectedimage.Initialize("imgChooser")
    selectedimage.show("image/*", "Choose image")
End Sub

Sub Activity_Resume

End Sub

Sub Activity_Pause (UserClosed As Boolean)

End Sub

Sub imgChooser1_Result(Success As Boolean, Dir As String, FileName As String)
    If Success Then
        Dim B As Bitmap = LoadBitmap(Dir, FileName)
        ' other inform
        '  File.Size(Dir, FileName) ' ecc..
    Else
        ToastMessageShow("Nessuna Immagine Selezionata", True)
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0