Android Question Tablet's Google Play

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, I followed the instructions of Informatix, I modified my project so that now it is compatible with the tablets. In fact in the developer center I do not receive any error as it was before. But I think I've got the opposite effect, whereas before my app appeared on my tablet now no longer appears. My app appears in google play to the PC but does not appear in tablet’s google play. I tried it on a tablet "Archos Internet Tablet" 10-inch and a 7-inch Galaxy Tab 3. Please help… thanks.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

my APP appears but there is a text showing up in Google Play -> "this APP was designed for phones" (so it is ok for me).

Isn't it listed at all? Perhaps you've turned the APP filtering to some value...

Or... Some features a tablet doesn't have (phone functions?)

Upvote 0

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

my APP appears but there is a text showing up in Google Play -> "this APP was designed for phones" (so it is ok for me).

Isn't it listed at all? Perhaps you've turned the APP filtering to some value...

Or... Some features a tablet doesn't have (phone functions?)

I removed the vibrate function, now I have published the new app and I will update as soon as I have good news (I hope so...) thank you so much :)

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I took a look at "ecg practical demo". There is still the vibration permission in it :rolleyes:

Did you install/test your app on a tablet, yet? (via b4a bridge). See what happens if it stil doens't work.
Yes, you are right, there is the vibration permission but i can't understand why, there is no command like "Vibrate" in the whole project code :(
the only part of code that could be responsible is:
B4X:
Dim Cel As Phone
Cel.SetScreenOrientation(0)
and i have activated the "phone" library for these two lines of code.
However, the application works fine on my tablet.
Thank you for your help...

Upvote 0

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I added the line in the manifest editor but I get this error.
upload_2014-6-13_20-49-36.png

upload_2014-6-13_20-49-20.png

I do something wrong?

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry typo, Here's the thread

http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...ut-a-phone-will-be-listed-as-supported.23419/

and here the manifest (compile is ok)

B4X:
'This code will be applied to the manifest file during compilation.
'You do not need to modify it in most cases.
'See this link for for more information: http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78136
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
    android:normalScreens="true"
    android:smallScreens="true"
    android:anyDensity="true"/>)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.telephony" android:required="false"/>)
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "$LABEL$")

'End of default text.

Upvote 0

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I made the change to "manifest" but the result does not change, it always appears in the permits the "vibration control" and the application is not visible to the tablet market. Once the application was visible to the tablet, the problem has occured when I added a "service module" in order to keep the application active while choosing a file from the gallery. The code is:
B4X:
Sub Process_Globals
    'These global variables will be declared once when the application starts.
    'These variables can be accessed from all modules.
    Dim Notification1 As Notification
End Sub
Sub Service_Create
    Notification1.Initialize
    Notification1.Icon = "ecg.png" 'use the application icon file for the notification
    'Notification1.Vibrate = False
End Sub

Sub Service_Start (StartingIntent As Intent)
Service.Startforeground(1,Notification1)
End Sub

Sub Service_Destroy

End Sub
I also tried to remove the line with the command "vibrate" but does not work...:(

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just re-installed the demo (Still it wants to do the vibrate thing).

So again add to the manifest editor

B4X:
AddManifestText (<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE" android:required="false"></uses-permission>)

Can you upload the DEMO to google play (so I can see if there is a change?)

Upvote 0

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just re-installed the demo (Still it wants to do the vibrate thing).

So again add to the manifest editor

B4X:
AddManifestText (<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE" android:required="false"></uses-permission>)

Can you upload the DEMO to google play (so I can see if there is a change?)
i have to keep the other line too?
(AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.telephony" android:required="false"/>))

Upvote 0

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to upload the apk but i have some problem, now i receive this message by the developer center that refuses my app:
"The previously active APK supported more devices than those in the configuration draft. Some devices will not receive upgrades.
The devices that are currently running version 8 is no longer supported by the current configuration. These devices will not receive upgrades.
API levels in the range of 4 + and
Layout screen with a more of the following: [small, normal, large, xlarge] and
Functions with all of the following: [android.hardware.screen.PORTRAIT, android.hardware.TOUCHSCREEN] but without one or more of the following: [android.hardware.CAMERA, android.hardware.camera.AUTOFOCUS]"

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would change the strategy. We go back to where we came. This will be easier.

1. Remove all changes we've made in the manifest
2. Chose "Clean Project"
3. Compile and install the apk (local) and go to the app-manager of the device to see the permissions (vibrate still there?)

No? Good.

Yes:

2. (to try) remove the lines that are using phone library (and deselect the lib). As I remember it is just for the screen orientation (it's only for a test)
3. "Clean Project" & Compile
4. Install the apk (local) and go to the app-manager of the device to see the permissions (vibrate should now have gone)
5. Reactivate the phone lib and your screen orientation part again
6. Compile, install and take a look again

My intention is to "reset" b4a (libs)

By the way: You are using the newest libs and b4a?

Upvote 0

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would change the strategy. We go back to where we came. This will be easier.

1. Remove all changes we've made in the manifest
2. Chose "Clean Project"
3. Compile and install the apk (local) and go to the app-manager of the device to see the permissions (vibrate still there?)

No? Good.

Yes:

2. (to try) remove the lines that are using phone library (and deselect the lib). As I remember it is just for the screen orientation (it's only for a test)
3. "Clean Project" & Compile
4. Install the apk (local) and go to the app-manager of the device to see the permissions (vibrate should now have gone)
5. Reactivate the phone lib and your screen orientation part again
6. Compile, install and take a look again

My intention is to "reset" b4a (libs)

By the way: You are using the newest libs and b4a?

I did everything that you have indicated above, no result, the vibrate permission is always present ... I use the latest version of B4A (3.8). Maybe one of the libraries that I use in the app uses dedicated phone's functions. I use the following libraries: Camera 2.2, Core 3.8, Reflection 2.4, RSImageProcessing 1.0, TouchImageView 2.0, Phone.

Upvote 0

Kapelis

Licensed User
Longtime User
RSImageProcessing 1.0 and Core libraries were present in early versions of the app when I did not have the problem of vibrate permission so I do not think it is responsible....

Upvote 0