telnet

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Android Emulator can run GPS applications. It recieves the GPS data from the console after creating telnet connection:
> telnet localhost <port> (for example 5554)

and then the commands with nmea sentences:

geo nmea $GPGGA.....etc.

how can I send the nmea data from a text file to the application ? may be by using network library ?

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel
I don't believe it. You invented Basic4PPC and you send me to look at java ?

I expected a way to do it by B4P...

If I understand correctly, the functionality at the link is for creation of GPS listener in order to use it as part of GPS application.
What I asked for is to be able to send a stream of NMEA sentences from a file to an already existing application, using the existing option of console commands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel
Can it be implemented by B4PPC ? how do I send the stream to the emulator port ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From the Android emulator site:

I checked it and it works with a simple GPS application, when typed on the Console. I tried to put the nmea in a batch file but after the telnet command it does not accept inputs from the batch file. So I need a program to send the stream instead of typing it line by line.

Edit: I found this in the same site, it should be the answer but it may take sometime until I'll figure it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…