B4A Class TextClock

TextClock was added in API 17 (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1) and substitutes the deprecated DigitalClock.

Please find attached a project that shows how to use the included Android Developers | TextClock object both as a Designer's Custom View and as a stand-alone class through its manual installation.
Having no previous experience with the Reflection lib, the above was made possible by what I believe to be one of the best tutorials read so far in this NG: @stevel05 's RatingBar library.

Looking at the code of this class you will easily agree that it is a very preliminary step and it should evolve in a more mature object once a clearer growing path would become evident from its use.

Umberto

Attachments

• ClsTxtClock.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice, Thanks for sharing.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@stevel05 : I simply learned from you, magister (lat. for master).
@Erel : I always appreciate your attention and all the time you devote to support us

Frankly, this is not an object we will use so frequently, but if anyone comes with a good idea on how to improve it I'll be glad to spend some more time on it.

Umberto

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…