iOS Question That udid income if I do not have iphone?

FelixCusi

Licensed User
Hello, I'm configuring to use host mac builder but in the Provisioning Profile part I do not know what udid to put since I do not have an iphone.

B4i error
B4i version: 4.00
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.08s)
Building designer app. (0.01s)
Building Xcode project (0.14s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
mobileprovision file not found.

Thank
Felix

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Where do you want your app to be installed if u dont have an iphone?

If u use the hosted builder you have to own an iphone to test your app that is build.

Only with a local builder you could use the ios simulator instead of a real device.

Upvote 0

FelixCusi

Licensed User
Hello Ilan
understand I'm a bit lost since I do not know much English and I'm using a translator. Do you know if there is any step by step how to configure b4i with hosted mac builder if you do not have an iphone to test?
Trank
Felix

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Ilan
understand I'm a bit lost since I do not know much English and I'm using a translator. Do you know if there is any step by step how to configure b4i with hosted mac builder if you do not have an iphone to test?
Trank
Felix

You need an iphone if you use the hosted builder!

Requirements
  • Apple developer account (costs $99 per year).
  • An iOS device running iOS 7+.
The compilation process requires a Mac computer. You can either use a local Mac computer or use our Hosted Mac Builder service (currently costs $26 per year). Note that if you use a local Mac computer then you can develop with the iOS simulator which does not require an Apple developer account.

You can get a very cheap one in ebay :)

Upvote 0

FelixCusi

Licensed User
I understand thanks I thought the host mac builder was to avoid using an iphone. I have to get one since I was not interested in having one but only developing an app of the android version. Thanks for answering

Felix

Upvote 0

Misterbates

Licensed User
I understand thanks I thought the host mac builder was to avoid using an iphone.
The hosted builder is to avoid having to have a Mac. Like on android, where a pc is used to develop and a phone or tablet used to test, B4i needs a development environment that can compile for testing on an iPhone or iPad. While a PC can be used to write the code, a Mac is usually needed to compile it for testing - the hosted builder removes the need for a Mac.

Upvote 0