ThinkingRock PPC Companion using Basic4PPC

yildi

Licensed User
ThinkingRock (TR) is an open source, multi-platform (Java) task management software following David Allen's Getting Things Done methodology.
I have decided to write a small PocketPC Companion program for TR and this was the perfect occasion to get involved in Basic4PPC (I have bought it more than one year ago but never had any time to seriously use it ;-) ). Well, now that I have played with it (see the web page below); I love this programming environment. It is true that the documentation is sometime terse but Erel is very helpful and this forums are full of competent and helping people! I think that I have really found a nice replacement for the ForwardPass environment that I have regretted when the developers had to stop this activity... Basic4PPC is as easy to use as FP and its libraries allow much richer functionality.

Here the full story (with a lot of screen shots):

http://beagle.u-bordeaux4.fr/yildi/trppc/index.html, the executable and the source code.

This is a follow up to this thread

But I have a small problem with Unicode, as discussed in this thread.

Murat

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From your phpforum thread:

Quote:
Also, the actual window used to display the lists is only about 2/3 rds of the available screen real estate, could it maybe take up a little bit more?

And this comes from the necessity of bening compatible with the landscape mode.

Two possibilities:

Try to develop a separated landscape version with larger fields (this can be done but the I must find a way not to make the maintenance more complex

Find a way to manage different layouts for Portrait and Landscape modes. This is alos quite tricky with Basic4PPC as much as I understand it...

It is not so dificult to manage the diferent layouts....
There is a built in one of the libs ( i can't remember if it is formlib, or hardwarelib), that manages the screen rotation by firing an event...
within this event, you just have to reposition the controls according to the new form size...

yildi

Licensed User
Thanks Paulo! Erel has also pointed me this library. I am actually trying to do it without using any external library (the event is not indispensable in my applet, I can just include a "Refresh" menu item that the user can click on.

Best regards,

Murat

yildi

Licensed User
Version 1.0 has been launched now on the above web page. It uses notifyicon.dll thanks to Dimitris :)

yildi

Licensed User
Hi,

A new version of TRPPC is available now from the web site:

http://beagle.u-bordeaux4.fr/yildi/trppc/index.html

Version 2.3 - You can now view your action as trees organized by different criteria (Context/Topic/Project). It should be a little bit more usable...

It now also uses Hardware and ControlEx libraries.

Murat