this is a better code editor than Notepad++

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey, during development you make changes in files out of the B4X ide like .sql or .xml files, it was frustrating for me to write lines in Notepad++ because i like Dark IDEs, a good folder structur with the files i need, multi window to compare files or copy lines.
Atom is a better code editor, because it has a lot of Addons you can add to boost the handling.

upload_2019-4-3_12-13-28.png

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I prefer to use Sublime Text 3

Agreed. I'd say that ST3 is fairly close to perfection when it comes to editors.

(I think the addons system could be better. Still lots of packages though.)

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also Visual Studio Code is very nice and is now really fast (and versatile).
But I still prefer Notepad++ :)

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also Visual Studio Code is very nice ...

Yep, I agree. And it's soooo easy to like the development speed of the editor itself. It's really improving quickly from release to release! Plus the addons library is very nice, both the size of it and how nicely it's incorporated into the editor itself. (Which isn't true with ST3.)

... and is now really fast

This I cannot agree with at all. It feels so amazingly sluggish to me and the syntax coloring really lags. (I do have a fast machine.)

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This I cannot agree with at all. It feels so amazingly sluggish to me and the syntax coloring really lags. (I do have a fast machine.)
Well, compared to Notepad++, it is sluggish indeed but otherwise I find it speedy. Ok, I haven't tried all existing IDE/Texteditors but I still find it fast.

Blueforcer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Because im writing huge code in C for ESP i prefer Visual Studio Code with PlatformIO addon.
But this is also my standart editor for nearly everything since 3 years.
Atom is buggy and slow