Time to switch to Android OS

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
Agree, but if the subscription comes to the consumer version of Windows, I'm done. I don't like the idea of having to pay monthly to access my computer.

But wait, if they did do that and you and I dump MS Windows, We also dump b4x... hhhhmmmm....

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
But wait, if they did do that and you and I dump MS Windows, We also dump b4x... hhhhmmmm....
Run Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine and disable the VM's internet connection so it won't nag/force you to update.

@Erel - This is why we need a cross-platform solution.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User

Levit

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some people said they don't like the idea of paying monthly just to use their computer.
I would add to it that I don't like the idea to pay for having my privacy legally invaded.
Have you ever read the fully agreement to install windows? Why should I pay to be "supervised" by Microsoft?
That's why I only buy computers with Linux and there are so many years I do not surf the web in windows.
I don't need update windows and the majority of people don't need windows anymore. Probably some companies still need it.
B4A is a great tool and works nicely on XP or win7, although there is a lack of a good tool (like B4A) to develop
android apps in linux and in tablets.
Not a good idea to have to buy windows to be able to use B4A or similar tool for android development.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some people said they don't like the idea of paying monthly just to use their computer.
I would add to it that I don't like the idea to pay for having my privacy legally invaded.
Have you ever read the fully agreement to install windows?

Is Google any better?

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
But I think, I am a developer... If I am not developing. What do I need a computer for? I would only read email and the news (And half the time I do not even read that as it is so depressing) and I can do that off of a cheap Linux laptop. MS has allot f us locked in.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
The video he @Levit linked explains Google. Starts around 15:45.

There more I think about what he said, he said 'if you do not install google software' Wait, I have Google drive and Chrome installed. What have I given up in there license agreements?

I think we are in trouble no matter what we do...

Levit

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some people love MS and all its products and hate Linux. Some people love Linux and hate MS and its products.
Some people do whatever it takes to protect his/her beloved OS. Some people leave their passion aside to look around at facts.
There was a time when anyone who wanted to use a computer seriously needed a windows OS. It was a MUST.
Whether we like or not, those days are gone and nowadays a MS product is only another option, no longer a must.
The success of B4X tools is not because of windows OS but because they are quick, reliable, good support, etc.
If you think carefully about that video some scaring thoughts may came up.
- Why should you pay to be "supervised" by Microsoft if Google can watch you for free.
- How do you know that your computer, your company's computer, Erel's computer, etc has not been "watched inside" LEGALLY by MS ?
No mater what, it looks like we are in trouble....