Android Question to create multiplayer games, do I need to use UDP or Websocket can I have a similar result?

Waldemar Lima

Licensed User
Hello guys, I'm studying X2 to create 2D and multiplayer games, so that the game is in real time, it is necessary that I use Socket UDP or WebSocket to not have problems with SENDING / RECEIVING messages? has anyone done similar tests?

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello guys, I'm studying X2 to create 2D and multiplayer games, so that the game is in real time, it is necessary that I use Socket UDP or WebSocket to not have problems with SENDING / RECEIVING messages? has anyone done similar tests?

Hello @Waldemar Lima
I plaid about with X2 to create a basic WiFI game which DonManfred know about, but I never ever got to finish it as at the time getting my head around X2 was taking up too much of my paid work time ;)

Anyway, here is an example of something that I put together for the forum, it is NOT using X2 but just basic views. I found in both cases that this and X2 worked 100% perfect for cross platform communications and especially gaming.

Video:

Last edited:
Upvote 0