Toast Message from B4A Bridge Android App

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
When using the B4A bridge app (over WiFi) to work with B4A, disconnecting/disabling your WiFi on the phone/tablet causes a toast message to appear about a Java.net socket error.

While I wouldn't call this a bug, I would like to request that the toast message (assuming it is generated by the app and not something else in Android) mention the B4A Bridge.

Reason being, when testing WiFi-related stuff in your app, it can be a bit misleading as to where that message is coming from. When I was first adding the WiFi connection test to my app, I mistakenly thought this error was coming from something in my app and it took me a while to realize it was the B4A bridge app. ;) This was of course after going nuts for about a half hour trying to figure out how to prevent the message.

I had kind of forgotten about this but was reminded again today while testing my app again.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
+1

Ahhh.....what a coincidence! I have seen that message popping up occasionally and I was just sitting here thinking I need to find what causes that error-message in my app so I may handle it properly.

But now, when you mention it might be related to B4A-bridge, you made me think and as a matter of fact I never see that message using the emulator.

I think you are right and just to be sure, it would indeed be nice that the message was identified/labeled as B4A-bridge.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Agraham created a modified version of the original B4A, it's called B4A-Bridge-Plus.

I modified Agraham's code slightly, I've added some "visual" enhancements and other minor adjustments, one of which, is what you are asking for; the attached ZIP contains the source code or if you prefer, just download the APK.

Last edited: