TouchFlo Functionality

HarleyM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Touchflo functionality seems to be taking the PPC world by storm if you are to believe the hype in the developers forums. Rom developers are porting the functionality to existing devices by upgrading to WM6 & then adding the required software & configurations. If this continues to be the trend it will make sense to develop our own programs to incorporate compatible functionality that will look the part as our devices are replaced with newer models.

Basically, touchflo allows the selecting of on screen objects (forms & list scrolling) using specific screen gestures such as sweeping the stylus across the screen in a specific direction etc. It allso allows for the use of various animations such as the 'cube' see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LbhPkK3zIo&feature=related
Takes a while to get into it but you get the picture.

I'd be interested to hear other B4PPC user views.

Henry

Licensed User
Men always need new toys ;) As I see on this YT videos everything is working in the same way, only smoother. So no revolution, only trend. But if people want to pay for it then somebody has to sell it for them. If I would be a programer then for sure I would put more attention on appearance.

colin9876

Licensed User
Already possible

Funily enough today I wrote a small application to view a 2000x2000 res photo (that was too big for the screen). I needed to be able to move it left right up down.
I loaded it into an Imagebox and added some code so the rate at which it moved was proportional to the 'swipe of my finger' (using the MouseMove function)
Image.left=Image.left+rate ....
Then I made it slow down after a while like the Iphone does when u scroll through things
rate=rate*0.95 did that.
And come to an immediate stop if I just tapped the screen again (using MouseDown) rate=0

Anyway Ive got TouchFlow functionality on my PhotoViewer - so already possible with Basic4ppc- its just coding.

The only thing u CANT do, is two finger stretching of an image. I think that WM, or even the touchscreen hardware may limit the number of simultanious screen presses to 1.

HarleyM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would you be able to share some of the code (in a basic example)

to give an idea of what we might expect & the reaction time? :sign0188:

I have a project in mind that may or may not be fast enough using b4ppc code.

Bill Todd

The only thing u CANT do, is two finger stretching of an image. I think that WM, or even the touchscreen hardware may limit the number of simultanious screen presses to 1.

Yes I'm sure it's a hardware limit of most PDA screens.

You might be able to simulate it however; how about detecting a screen tap (mouse down+up) followed quickly by a drag from a point diagonally opposite?

i.e. tap a point in, say, the lower left part of the screen, then (within one or two timer ticks) drag from a point slightly higher to the right. The fixed point of the stretch could be either the first tap point or a point midway between the two taps.

colin9876

Licensed User
Flo example

ok, Ive made Erels calender scroller TouchFlo ! Try it on the Device only - its great??
You will need the yearup.bmp from his scroller zip posted today in Questions&Help>Performance on bitmap

Attachments

• Flo.sbp
    623 bytes · Views: 319
Last edited:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, Ive made Erels calender scroller TouchFlo ! Try it on the Device only - its great??
You will need the yearup.bmp from his scroller zip posted today in Questions&Help>Performance on bitmap

I would really like to add finger scrolling to my program.
Can anyone advise how I might adapt the above program to scroll a multiline text box.

I found a textbox scrolling routine >>> http://www.b4x.com/forum/share-your...ll-textbox-scroll-image-finger.html#post15810
but I also want to scroll the web browser made by agraham found here >>>http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries/1862-web-browser-desktop-device.html#post10142

The textbox scroller will not do it. It complains unable to cast object of type 'Dbasic.Other.SWrapobject' to type 'System.Windows.Forms.Control'

Thanks
Tony

Last edited: