Games Track the position of a body

ElliotHC

Licensed User
Having some real fun learning B4j.

In the Space Shooter example it creates a body. There can be multiple bodies on the screen at any one time.

I want to look at a section of the screen and identify if there is a body in that section/square. Anyone know how I might do that?

Thanks

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This question is not specific to B4J. It is a XUI2D question. I've moved it to the games forum.

Check Ilan's First App Example from the examples pack.

There is a panel named PanelForTouch. When the user touches it, there is a check for nearby switches. If none are found then a new ball is created.
The relevant sub is PanelForTouch_Touch and the important code is:
B4X:
Dim worldpoint As B2Vec2 = X2.ScreenPointToWorld(X, Y)
For Each TouchedBody As X2BodyWrapper In X2.GetBodiesIntersectingWithWorldPoint(worldpoint)

ElliotHC

Licensed User
Is there a way to debug the position of the bodies as they travel down the screen?

ElliotHC

Licensed User
I need to now the 'X' position of the lowest Power body. Do I need to post this as a separate question?

I have noticed that if there are more than 1 'power' on the screen it seems to only report the position of the newest one. I'm getting position data until the next one is generated, then I start getting position info for that one. What I am trying to do is get the X position of all the powers when they are withing a certain distance from the bottom edge of the screen.

Am I going about this the right way?

Thanks

Last edited: