Android Question Transaction Too Large issue.

a few days ago i posted a message that i got a Transaction too large issue. this topic

well, i followed the advice of Erel but i still have the same issue,
I converted my application in B4XPages and not working with activities anymore.
i receive a big chunk of data trough TCP but i imediatly put it in seperate files on my DirInternal directory,
every time i need data i open the data read it and close it again with file.readstring

still when i switch to a different application i get a transaction too large error.
i am not transfering big data trough differerent modules (more then 1kb) and work with file.writestring and readstring.

i still get the following error

B4X:
** Activity (main) Pause event (activity is not paused). **
*** b4xorderpage: B4XPage_Disappear [mainpage, b4xorderpage]
java.lang.RuntimeException: android.os.TransactionTooLargeException: data parcel size 1083988 bytes
    at android.app.ActivityClient.activityStopped(ActivityClient.java:88)
    at android.app.servertransaction.PendingTransactionActions$StopInfo.run(PendingTransactionActions.java:143)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:942)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:226)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:313)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8762)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:604)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1067)
Caused by: android.os.TransactionTooLargeException: data parcel size 1083988 bytes
    at android.os.BinderProxy.transactNative(Native Method)
    at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(BinderProxy.java:662)
    at android.app.IActivityClientController$Stub$Proxy.activityStopped(IActivityClientController.java:1309)
    at android.app.ActivityClient.activityStopped(ActivityClient.java:85)
    ... 9 more

Is this also a possibility that this error is fired because I have too many views in my B4XPage?
This application preloads all the views necessary, and it can go up to 8.000 - 10.000 views (labels, panels...) with each its own color and text.
I have an option in my application not to preload these views and do it when you need it, then the error doesn't come.
but it slows down the application on older or less powerful devices.

Upvote 0