Games Translucent sprite image

developer_123

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a follow up request for https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/translucent-sprite.139997/#post-886630

Erel, After creating objects from the Tiled on different layers, I see that you did not refer to the tiled layers when you told me "What I wrote is only relevant for graphics on the same layer.". I mistakenly thought that if I created objects on different layers they would show the translucent effect. Attached in the following link is a small example of what happened (I did it on the Z axis position change project).

In the example you can see that the donut is translucent with respect to the background imageview but not with respect to the fuxia-colored square object.

How can I achieve this effect between the objects created in the mosaic?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I see that you did not refer to the tiled layers when you told me "What I wrote is only relevant for graphics on the same layer.
True. I was referring to the X2 layers. Almost all of the drawings are done on a single layer.

There is no simple way to draw semitransparent sprites with X2 on the foreground layers. It comes from performance consideration.