tree.color

Scubaticus

Licensed User
I can define a tree.color value (I/O), but obvious nothing is done with it on the device.

I would like the tree.color to work as expected.

On the PC it's working .......

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I found this quote on the web :(

Changing the background color of TreeView controls is not supported on Pocket PC. It is a restriction of the OS - the underlying native control that is used by the .NET Compact Framework does not support changing its background color. So, unfortunately, the .NET Compact Framework can't do anything to workaround this problem.

Scubaticus

Licensed User
Thanks Agraham,

for your answer. Unbelievable M$ didn't make this possible.
Because of the (I/O) in the manual I was hoping it was something which could be fixed.

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw this a lot while looking at Visual Studio vb.net trial projects. All I was trying to do was draw a line on the screen, and there were all kinds of canvas's, paint brushes, line types, ink colors, etc... it was quite overwhelming.

So I'm guessing they included only a workable subset of the framework as to not overwhelm a smaller device with less memory, less storage and a slower processor and hardware. I guess they had to draw the line somewhere. One man's node color is another mans paint brush ink color :)

Scubaticus

Licensed User
I didn't know changing a background color would cost so much memory and cpu. Well, I just left out the node thing to overcome this problem ... I hate white colors on my black Omnia ;)