Android Question Trouble with B4Abridge and IP connecting (wrong subnet)

lhatch

Licensed User
I searched the forum and tried what I read and still no luck.

On my wired PC I loaded Bluestacks 5 and B4Abridge (on the blue stacks), I get 10.0.2.15 IP (from emulator Bluestacks and B4Abridge), the PC is 192.168.0.220. I saw this in the forum, but no fix so far.

I have no wat to force and IP on the bluestacks side.

Then I then I loaded B2Abridge on my Android S10Plus phone (on same network WIFI as the PC) and I get a 192.168.1.138 on the b4abridge (again wrong network).

Any ideas. I would like to use blue stacks, but phone is too fine (faster I know), or will get a tablet. But no luck connecting.

MicroDrie

Licensed User
If you want to investigate network connectivity or lack thereof:
The 192.168.y.z and 10.x.y.z addresses belong to non-rotatable network addresses. The size of the number of usable network addresses is determined by the subnet mask. On a home PC you usually use a limited number in the 192.168.y.z range, on a corporate network you can use many more PCs in the 10.x.y.z range. If you open a DOS box (via search cmd) you can give the command ipconfig /all. You will then get an overview of including your wireless network. An example below:
1641828334681.png

The only way out and access to the subnet is through the default gateway address. The common subnet mask 255.255.255.0 means that in addition to the default gateway address (192.168.1.1) from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254 network addresses can communicate with each other. The address of my PC is 192.168.1.17 where I requested this overview.

The 192.168.1.138 on the b4abridge you mentioned would work in my network (same subnet = communication possible with the same subnet mask 255.255.255.0). This is automatically the case if the router issues a network address to both your PC and the b4abridge via DHCP. But if either your PC or the b4abridge has a fixed network address outside of your non-routable sub net and / or your subnet mask that is used not the same as your subnet, it won't work.

It's already difficult enough, so I won't go into all kinds of exceptions about how you might still be able to make this work with the router.

My guess is that the addresses are outside the network address range of your PC. You certainly don't see a 10.x.y.z address much in a home network (but the exception isn't it!?) . I would look for a fixed network address somewhere. What you also sometimes see with wireless cards, for example, is that the driver has a standard address. If the correct driver is not started, keep this default address outside your DHCP configured network.

In case a network device is connected to your WiFi network where the PC is connected, but with the wrong address, you might (not always) see a response to your ping request from your PC.

Rule of thumb: Set all network devices to DHCP. If not, start a fixed address from the second highest available address (skip the last 255 multicast address for z) and work by taking the lower address below each time. with a sub net mask of 255.255.255.0 so 254, 253, 252 because the DHCP server does this from 2, 3, 4. As long as you have not placed 254 devices in your WiFi subnet, you will not run into the problem that a fixed address is also issued by the DHCP server. The quick and nasty bonus is, this works without having to restrict the range of DHCP to be handed out (what's the router's users and password, how do I get to the list).

This should be enough to solve your network challenges. If it just works, you need to provide more specific information. This should be enough to solve most of your network challenges. If it just not works, you need to provide more specific information. Don't hesitate because there are no stupid questions, but there are complex networks and stupid answers.

Upvote 0