B4A Library TTS ID (Text To Speech)

Hello everyone.
A couple of days ago I need some features that I did not find the TTS library by @Erel .
They are simple functions, so I decided to use the Compile Library to share with you.

The functions are basically the same as the tts of @Erel with some additional.

NEW
- AllAvailableLanguages
- isSpeaking
- TextToAudio
- IsAvailableLanguage
- MaxSpeechLength
- GetEngines
- SetEngineByPackageName

The other functions are the same as the original TTS
Attached there is a demo

Edit: 1.1 added stop function
Edit: 1.2 added Done event (Like Ready on tts lib)

Screenshot_2016-06-01-00-21-23.png Screenshot_2016-06-01-00-35-18.png Screenshot_2016-06-01-00-35-23.png Screenshot_2016-06-01-00-35-31.png

Attachments

• DEMO.zip
    404.4 KB · Views: 1,653
  • TTSID_1_2.zip
    7 KB · Views: 1,090
Last edited:

RonkyOne

Licensed User
Longtime User
when your library start, start also the download of a lot of languages... it's possible to deny this download?
thank you

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HI Douglas Farias
when click "speak" Button,it takes between 5 and 10 seconds to pronounce words!
What is the cause of this?
thank you
It might depend on how long the text to read is as I guess it first has to.synthesize it. I usually break text into sentences and speak each sentence..

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ,
following situation: on samsung phones there is the samsung speach engine preselected - in europe google maintains many different languages. Problem is that even if I change language engines, when querying for available languages, that it still shows me only the languages of the originally selected engine. Anyone have a clue what I could do ?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Working like a charm.. thanks Douglas for this very useful library.
A few points:
1. When run the app, for the first time, the layout is shrunk to about 1" x 1", and appeared at the top-left corner.. after about 10 seconds or longer
it fills the screen and all views are shown in their normal size.
2. Are there voices other than the female's?
3. I couldn't see the Arabic language in the supported language list.

Thanks again.

PodSoft2016

hi, in this code says tts supports arabic language . but nothing happened when call tts.speak. can any body solve this? tnx alot.
If tts.IsAvailableLanguage("ar_EG") Then tts.SetLanguage("ar","EG")
tts.Speak("القط",False)

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
On my mobile i get speach output with this code. Maybe your mobile is set to another speech engine? On my mobile i am able to download arabic voice in four different voices. Search for installing voices on your mobile.

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
I could see on my mobile, that since some years this download is done automaticly. But maybe not on all devices.