B4R Tutorial Tutorial vs Creation : Clarification

Hi Guys

EREL is a very busy guy, and sometimes he prefers to give us some freedom on some emplacements for our Posts.

Since the advent of B4R many tutorials have been posted portraying the usage of a particular "shield" or device, and even some about how to use some particular combos...
It took several weeks to have the first "Creation" posted in its forum, and the count is still very very low!
I see several tutorials that are more of a "working solution" (read "creation") since they target typically a combo of devices.

by definition, a tutorial is a description on how to use a particular feature...

So what I'm trying to say is, don't be afraid to post on the "Share your Creations" forum... take your time to figure out if your newly created post should really be in the tutorials, rather than in the "creations"...

Obs: this is only my opinion and in no way reflects any other user or even EREL's on this matter

rwblinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good point - been thinking kind of same.
Have posted several, what I call HOWTOs. These are now moving into showing the integration of several sensors and the likes ... more in an experimental way to build upon further (the fun with these neat little controllers).
Which leads to the question, where to place those experiments?
I am open either way: means as tutorial or share as creation (=a full solution or an experiment = using header [Experiment]<name>).

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would say its up to the dev...
tagging as Experiment could be interesting to see how others have addressed a particular issue, troubleshooting and the likes...
The way I see it, a "Tutorial" that shows how to use MQQT to read a sensor, is a tutorial, but if the sensor targeted is a specific one, then it should be eiher Experiment or creation...
I may launch a pool... Should the share your creations forum be renamed to experiments...