Android Question TV Notification

fishwolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have added a push notification to Android TV example.

The nofication is arrived, the icon is showed when app running, the notification arrived (sound) when the app is in background, all PERFECT,

but the notification is not open from Android TV as pupup and with app in background the notification icon is not showed.

What is the standard for AndroidTV?
Is it supported from B4X?

Thanks

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Notifications on FireTV devices also do not appear as a pop-up on the screen - you need to go to the system menu and select the "Notifications" option to see them.

I'm guessing this is by design on the TV versions of android so they won't be intrusive.

If you want the user to see a message, then try using a toast message.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand the wording of your question

Upvote 0

fishwolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would set notification in android TV mode, i suppose that Is in this point

Is It possible with b4x?
Suggestioni
Thanks
IMG-20231106-WA0001.jpg

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have two questions:

1) What app is associated with that "(1)" that you are pointing to - meaning what app is making that "1" be displayed?
2) What app is in the foreground in that screenshot you posted (meaning were you at the home screen of the device or were you in another app, and if so, what is that other apps name?)

Upvote 0

fishwolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have two questions:

1) What app is associated with that "(1)" that you are pointing to - meaning what app is making that "1" be displayed?
2) What app is in the foreground in that screenshot you posted (meaning were you at the home screen of the device or were you in another app, and if so, what is that other apps name?)
1) system app, show "USB not supported"
2) is home app that show the last contents

Upvote 0

fishwolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
the question is:

is it possible show a notification with android tv inteface from application app?

popup and counter on home page?

Thanks

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) system app, show "USB not supported"
2) is home app that show the last contents
If the app was a third-party app, then that would support the possibility for your app to also display a notification [badge].

But since it is a system app, then that ability may be limited to only system apps.

Upvote 0