Twitter SDK Wrapper

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great. Got an app I'd like to put this in.

So, when you connect to twitter are you asked to log into a twitter account?

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, when you connect to twitter are you asked to log into a twitter account?
Yes, the 1st time you use it with the App

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great. I got the sample running. I wasn't sure about the buttons, so I created a .bal file with a couple of buttons on it. But I guess that twitter page is called when you run the activity resume.

What I guess I can do is create a menu item and stick that in there... ( Twitter.SetActivity(ThisActivity.Initialize("twitter")) )

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
What I guess I can do is create a menu item and stick that in there... ( Twitter.SetActivity(ThisActivity.Initialize("twitter")) )
Yo :)

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm, not sure I'm setting up my twitter app correctly. What do I use as a callback url?

I've set it up for read / write and direct access but can't seem to log into the service? Maybe because I'm already on?

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, sample 1 was working. I put my own keys into it and couldn't get by the login screen. Do I need to use another twitter account ( other than the account I used to create the twitter app?)

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I followed the tutorial. I just don't know what to put in the callback url.

It seems to login, but the login page remains (not going back to the app).

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
Lol, tried compiling sample 1 again (with your keys) it's doing the same thing. I can login, but the twitter login page remains.

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, seems you are stuck somewhere....did you (re)create the API keys in Twitter ?
Otherwise: start from the scratch (at this point it's not far away from the start :cool: )

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys,

Was giving it a try but couldn't get the twitter login activity to appear. It works with the sample keys but when I supply my own api key and secret, clicking the connect button only shows a brief 'Loading' progress dialog and then it returns to the main screen.

I've also tried regenerating the keys as suggested above but that hasn't worked either.

Can you please let me know what might be causing this?

[UPDATE - This now stands resolved. All I had to do was to use the latest version of the SocialAPI]

Thanks.

Last edited:

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Um, which library does Inputdialogs belong to?
As per guidelines set by the mods here, please use a different thread for this as it does not seem like a question related to this thread. You might get a response by other people who might have used it if you do so.

Thanks.

ivan rocha

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I hope you can help me to compile the following error.
I'm with the sample1 for twitter.

what is the problem?

Parsing code. 0.00
Compiling code. 0.02
Compiling layouts code. 0.00
Generating R file. 0.04
Compiling generated Java code. 1.11
Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
A referenced library is missing: android-support-v4

Last edited: