Android Question Two build configurations with different package names

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
According to this article ,I built two configurations NoAds and Ads with different package names, the icon copied and changed smoothly during compilation.
I have firebase google-services.json file, the package names are different, one build configuration work & the other no! because json file doesn't match second package name.
What is the approach now?
What is the command syntax?

Thanks

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have firebase google-services.json file, the package names are different, one build configuration work & the other no! because json file doesn't match second package name.
You can copy the content of the FirebaseAnalytics library (the file Firebase.b4x_excluded) and add them in case of the Macro to your App.

B4X:
#if app1  
CreateResourceFromFile("google-services", "google-services.json")
#end if
#if app2
CreateResourceFromFile("google-services", "google-services-app2.json")
#end if
AddPermission(android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE)
AddPermission(android.permission.INTERNET)
AddPermission(android.permission.WAKE_LOCK)
AddPermission(com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE)
AddPermission(${applicationId}.permission.C2D_MESSAGE)
AddPermission(com.google.android.finsky.permission.BIND_GET_INSTALL_REFERRER_SERVICE)
AddManifestText( <permission android:name="${applicationId}.permission.C2D_MESSAGE"
  android:protectionLevel="signature" />)
AddApplicationText(
 <receiver
            android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementReceiver"
            android:enabled="true"
            android:exported="false" >
        </receiver>

<service
            android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementService"
            android:exported="false" />

<receiver
            android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementInstallReferrerReceiver"
            android:exported="true"
            android:permission="android.permission.INSTALL_PACKAGES" >
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="com.android.vending.INSTALL_REFERRER" />
            </intent-filter>
</receiver>
<service
            android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementJobService"
            android:exported="false"
            android:permission="android.permission.BIND_JOB_SERVICE" />

<service android:name="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentDiscoveryService" >
            <meta-data
                android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.analytics.connector.internal.AnalyticsConnectorRegistrar"
                android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar" />
             <meta-data
                android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.iid.Registrar"
             <meta-data
                android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.auth.FirebaseAuthRegistrar"
             <meta-data
                android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.storage.StorageRegistrar"
            <meta-data
                android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.firestore.FirestoreRegistrar"
                android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar"/>

<meta-data
                    android:name="com.google.firebase.components:com.google.firebase.database.DatabaseRegistrar"
                    android:value="com.google.firebase.components.ComponentRegistrar"/>
</service>
   <provider
  android:authorities="${applicationId}.firebaseinitprovider"
  android:name="com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider"
  android:exported="false"
  android:initOrder="100" />

<receiver
  android:name="com.google.firebase.iid.FirebaseInstanceIdReceiver"
  android:exported="true"
  android:permission="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.SEND" >
  <intent-filter>
  <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECEIVE" />
  <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTRATION" />
  <category android:name="${applicationId}" />
  </intent-filter>
  </receiver>
    <receiver
  android:name="com.google.firebase.iid.FirebaseInstanceIdInternalReceiver"
  android:exported="false" />

<service
  android:name="com.google.firebase.iid.FirebaseInstanceIdService"
  android:exported="true">
  <intent-filter android:priority="-500">
  <action android:name="com.google.firebase.INSTANCE_ID_EVENT" />
  </intent-filter>
  </service>
)

You can add conditional compiling line around the CreateResourceFromFile line to support different json files. I did it in the code above already.

Another solution would be to have the different packagenames in ONE Firebase project. This is what i am doing.
For my tests i am using a lot of packagenames for different firebase projects i have. But all of them are Grouped in ONE Firebaseproject. So, now when i download a json file from Firebase console i get one json file with all the different packagenames i have in this Firebaseproject.
The json file contains all infos about all apps and i do not need to use the solution above.

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you @DonManfred
I solved it by another short approach.
I made folder called "googlejsons" inside the project root, then added the 2 jsons files inside it.
then added these commands:
B4X:
#If NoAds
   #CustomBuildAction: 1, c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe, /c copy ..\googlejsons\google-services-pro.json ..\google-services.json
    #End If
    #If Ads
   #CustomBuildAction: 1, c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe, /c copy ..\googlejsons\google-services.json ..\google-services.json
    #End If

Upvote 0