Unable to use B4PPC Device on WM6.5.3

sitajony

Licensed User
Hi, I noticed that we can't valid the object proprity cos the Ok button it's hide cos on WinMo6.5.1+ the Ok button is on the bottom and on the bottom there's a toolbar so unable to exit, valid, confirm, create some stuff :(
Do you want a screenshot maybe?

sitajony

Licensed User
There're 4 screenshot in one with a screenshot with an other problem with control adding...:
attachment.php

Attachments

• captureB4P.jpg
    captureB4P.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To clarify, I think there are two problems here. The rightmost screen shows that it is possible to add controls onto the properties screen. :( I can't remember if it was possible previously but you can now, I've tried it on my iPAQ so it's not a 6.5.3 issue.

The second problem is obviously that the OK button is hidden by the menu bar as it has now moved to the bottom of the screen. I would assume that applications are meant to run unchanged on 6.5.3 so I would have thought there must be an alternative as other programs, like Microsoft Pocket Streets and my other mapping program have similar menus at the bottom of the screen. :confused:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I don't have a 6.5.3 device to play with this is speculation. From WM 5.0 the recommendation from Microsoft was to have only two main menu items. I've been playing with WM 5.0 in VS. With two menu items the keyboard icon appears in the middle. If more than two menu items are present then the menu bar changes how it looks to be like a WM2003 menu bar with the keyboard icon on the extreme right hand side. If this behaviour is carried through to 6.5.3 then I suspect that the OK button is only available on the two item men bar and not on the old style one.

A workaround might be to assign <OK/Close> to one of the hardware buttons.

sitajony

Licensed User
It's shame there're a lot of program with a toolbar so we can do anything on it, like Total Commander for PocketPC too, we've to click on the top and go to the start menu and go on the Today Screen Just for minimize the window :(

sitajony

Licensed User
As I don't have a 6.5.3 device to play with this is speculation. From WM 5.0 the recommendation from Microsoft was to have only two main menu items. I've been playing with WM 5.0 in VS. With two menu items the keyboard icon appears in the middle. If more than two menu items are present then the menu bar changes how it looks to be like a WM2003 menu bar with the keyboard icon on the extreme right hand side. If this behaviour is carried through to 6.5.3 then I suspect that the OK button is only available on the two item men bar and not on the old style one.

A workaround might be to assign <OK/Close> to one of the hardware buttons.

Great idea, yes I can assign the ok button on a hardware Key...
Yes when there's just 2 Menu Item it's ok but no more

sitajony

Licensed User
I've only 2 HW Key, one it's for rorate screen an the other is for the Camera so I must change Camera assign :(
I thing that should change the toolbar on the B4P device by a PANEL movable with the buttons...

Last edited: