Android Question Understanding error msg.

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've run B4A w/VBox successfully before but now I get an error msg when I try to open the program in Android (see below). I do not get this error when I install the exact program running B4A under Win-10 (no VBox). Note: I am having no problems using Bridge to compile and run.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 237

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. I just wanted to make sure. Honestly i don´t know what the problem may be.
As I said, I think it is my running B4A in VirtualBox. When I run it directly from Windows I have no problems. If I can find a forum location that addresses B4A on VBox that's where I may be likely to find a solution. Thank you very much Don!

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
rename the .apk file to .zip or .apk.zip and have a look at the content.

if the file ain't in the archive then there might be some issue to add the file to the archive due security or an anti-virus (windows defender?) that puts a lock on the file for scanning.

Upvote 0

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
rename the .apk file to .zip or .apk.zip and have a look at the content.

if the file ain't in the archive then there might be some issue to add the file to the archive due security or an anti-virus (windows defender?) that puts a lock on the file for scanning.
I renamed it and took a look. There was a folder named "assets" that DID contain my main.bal.

[ADDED LATER] The apk I looked at was the one created using Windows-run B4A. I looked at the one in question just now made via VBox and the assets folder is MISSING! You have nailed it. Now I have to find a fix... I will post this as a new thread question and see if anyone has had this problem too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0