Android Question Unrooted Android 8-9-10+: is reboot possible by screen interface without power button ?

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, All

If the modern Android device is remotely accessed anyhow - is there any system software now to reboot the device without access to the physical power button ?
On non-rooted device.

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have remote access you can do a adb over internet command just to reboot.

Excuse me, but i cannot believe without any exact proof info... (for unrooted device, remember)

BTW, regarding to this my topic - my Samsung M21 after some official update of Android 10 started to show .... "power" icon in the notification area that opens the 3 power buttons interface to reboot\shutdown\emergency mode that always opened only by the power hardware switch.

IT's the first time i see that software interface to reboot the unrooted device!

Attachments

• TempDownload.png
    TempDownload.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If the modern Android device is remotely accessed anyhow - is there any system software now to reboot the device without access to the physical power button ?
On non-rooted device.
Sure you can, if it's a Samsung device running Samsung Knox. I had a couple of tablets with that and I could reboot them remotely just fine.

I imagine other brands could have something similar, but I don't know of any other solution.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe any code example about this Knox usage
Not from me, sorry. I only used it via a web solution that was made by somebody else.

Seems there's nothing here in the forum, but there are several repos on Github mentioning it. So it might be that you can find something there, and then convert it to B4X.

Upvote 0