B4J Question Unwanted display at debugging startup

rspitzer

I just setup a new embedded board running java 14, Ubuntu 14.0.5 and the B4j debugger etc.. No issues, everything runs okay except, on this install, when I start a debugging session I get the following screen showing a rather un helpful display telling me that the program is started ("Form" is ready), and sometimes even when I touch the screen, to close the announcement, it shows up again. I am wondering if I set something up wrong, anyone have an idea of how to get rid of this, this has not happened on any of my other boards. I am pretty sure its something stupid I did.

IMG_20200821_132512.jpg

rspitzer

Figured out what the problem is: After doing some extensive searching, the issue is with the GNOME desktop. This feature was introduced in Ubuntu 18, there is a debate whether this is a feature or an annoyance by a number of users. It becomes a real problem with B4X, because any form that's launched after the main form, the main form re announces itself as ready. The cure is to switch to a different Distro. I have tested both Linux Mint using XFCE and Linux Lite. I am currently using the Linux Lite Distro, very nice, not a resource hog, and plenty speedy.

Upvote 0