Android Question Upload file from SD card

ElliotHC

Licensed User
I'm trying to upload a file located within a folder on an external SD card.

Is there a simple project example accessing the SD card?

Thanks

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have a look at this.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So, if I understand it correctly, your are facing a first problem which is how to locate and select the source file on the device (by last file in a folder do you mean the one with the most recent timestamp or a file having a name that let you understand it is the last one?).
Once you get that file, you need to copy it to an SD card. Right?

Upvote 0

ElliotHC

Licensed User
So, if I understand it correctly, your are facing a first problem which is how to locate and select the source file on the device (by last file in a folder do you mean the one with the most recent timestamp or a file having a name that let you understand it is the last one?).
Once you get that file, you need to copy it to an SD card. Right?

Thanks for the help udg. the files are named by date, mp4 files so time stamp and name should be the same order. Essentially yes, you are correct. Firstly, I need to locate the last file in the list, then I need to upload it.. No doubt I'll need to pull apart another example project for that.

I'm using SMB already to save to a shared folder but I need to upload this file.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not on my dev PC now, but I guess that you could use something like
B4X:
For Each f As String In File.ListFiles(Source)
to look for the most recent file in folder Source.
The use info in the link above to upload it to your SD card. Sorry to be of such a limited help at the moment.

Upvote 0