Using 3rd-party libraries/SDKs in B4A?

Kilrah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm currently trying to build an app for a Recon MOD Live device. The first step is fine, in that I have B4a-bridge and designer running on it (although the fixed-size of the B4a-Bridge UI is a bit of a problem on the tiny screen I can just see the button I need to start BT connection, so it's useable).

For now I created my app's UI and implemented simple input to change the dial and labels' values with the remote control's keys. I can load the same app on my Galaxy S3 and act on them with the touchscreen, awesome.

Now where I'm getting lost is when it comes to getting the real data from the device's sensors (altitude and speed are what I need). The manufacturer provides an SDK (see link above), in a .jar file obviously intended for the "standard" Android development tools (that I carefully avoided by going to B4A because I can't make head or tails of creating an app with them...)

How would I go at converting/reusing this SDK in a B4A application to get access to the MOD's data?

Note that this is a one-off project for just one device, no redistribution or anything so I don't need to take care about their guidelines, UI requirements or such. I just need to read the data the device provides, and make an UI matching the boss' requirements.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 175