Using Adobe Color wheel - How ? Need advise

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Found from

Adobe Color wheel . https://color.adobe.com/pl/create/color-wheel

But I did not find the way how to use it effectively in my app design. Any tutorial will help.

Regards,

Anand

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what do you mean "how to use it"?
do you want to create something for your app?

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what do you mean "how to use it"?
do you want to create something for your app?
I mean,
  • I already have an app, say with blue background and some buttons and list.
  • I want to change the colors and create something like 'theme' for the app
  • Now 'Adobe Color wheel' looks good but I think I will have to add all colors manually
I want advise if I can make something, like, change the wheel and all my app color changes accordingly.
And I save that set of colors as a 'theme'

Regards,

Anand

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can create an array (map) that will hold all views you want to update their color. then you can use any color picker tool. we have a lot in this forum. there is also a b4x version.

something like this: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/class-custom-view-color-picker.76118/#content

what i normally i do is i store 2 (or more) arrays of colors. 1 Dark 1 Light and then some views i use the dark version of the blue and some the light version and like this i can build a very nice theme.

It's not so complicated to do that.

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Most often you build an application around some color, it is the main color, the leading color. You paste the number of that color into Adobe Color and get color schemes. You can now use these colors in your design (for example some descriptions, frame colors, icon colors etc) The color wheel will match these colors tonally, the end result is more than satisfactory.

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
The color wheel is just a tool. Use copy and paste (color numbers) is the only automation.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The color wheel is just a tool. Use copy and paste (color numbers) is the only automation.
Hmm..Ok

I will have to look way to make something like the 'Adobe Color wheel' in B4J (easier) and then make it automated for my app.

Regards,

Anand

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
its a very simple example. (b4j)

themeexample.png

Attachments

• theme Example.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 190

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
now the colors are picked from the listviews but after you have implemented the color wheel then you update the theme after choosing the color and then pressing ok.

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
May want to look at the links:

I've seen people complain about Material Design, but I liked the fact that the themes provided were thought out by people smarter than me when it comes to color presentation in an application.