Android Question Using Bluetooth gamepads with B4A???

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone managed to use a moga bluetooth gamepad with B4A??? I'm writing some game using the LibGDX library but would like to add controller support later on. Is there a standard for all controllers so a moga controller would work the same as the nvidia shield?

g7jjf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Andy, did you get anywhere with the Moga ?

I am interested in getting one to control a game I am writing and was wondering if you got it to work with B4A before I go and buy one.

Upvote 0

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, no I never tried wrapping the library to support it. I'm not a java coder so don't want to get involved in all that. If someone else with B4A can get moga support to work then I'd be very happy though as my work with writing games using the libgdx library is going well.

Upvote 0

g7jjf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I will probably get one anyway and have a go at getting it to work. I am not a Java coder either but it doesn't look too difficult from the code snippet Erel pointed to. I'll post back if I get anything working.

Upvote 0

g7jjf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I will probably get one anyway and have a go at getting it to work. I am not a Java coder either but it doesn't look too difficult from the code snippet Erel pointed to. I'll post back if I get anything working.
I have now bought a Moga Pro and after lots of trial and error have managed to read the X,Y analog stick values into a B4A application.

Still a long way to go but it is looking promising.

Upvote 0