Share My Creation Vicino - Your wallet in my pocket

the attached is a simplistic demonstration of contactless (NFC) credit card recognition. it works for me (i have 2 credit cards). i have no idea whether it can communicate with your card. i would be interested in knowing whether it does and what you see (personal data obfuscated, of course). the enormity of the emv documentation and the number of credit card id's and api's boggle the mind. the whole system is designed not to be trivially hacked. but for anyone wanting to know if it's possible to "see" a contactless credit card with b4a, it is. exactly what all you can see is controlled by what each card issuer wants you to see.

update: thanks to feedback from jaguilar, new version attached.

also note, the thing can read regular NFC tags (text, http links and maybe others). i borrowed from an earlier project to include credit cards.

edit 15.01.22 new version (3) attached. shows the dialog between card and "terminal". some comments after #7

edit 5.2.22 new version(6) attached. "working hard to read your cardšŸ‘"

Attachments

• vicino.zip
    270.9 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
well, i'm not an expert, but for nfc contactless reading, almost any android device can substitute nowadays for your hid reader. at close range, a phone can generate enough power to talk to the card and receive a response without any additional hardware.

where your experience has an advantage, i believe, is in reading the many other rfid cards and tags out there which cannot be read at close range and require more power to stimulate the tag.

i don't know anything about the library you were using, but talking directly to the card is not difficult. and you already have an understanding of how cards talk. in my opinion, that's the most important aspect.