Virtual Reality? No. What I really want is...

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just want a wearable headset I can use instead of a monitor or even better, multiple monitors. Somebody is missing a bet here. I use three screens at home and because my eyes are going one of them is a 42" TV but when I travel I carry a small laptop and just log in to my main computer if I need to solve a problem.

Wouldn't be nice to get rid of the laptop SCREEN entirely and just use a wearable headset?

I am not an optometrist so I have no idea how all of this works with bad eyes but the idea of having multiple, large screens available seems like a great idea.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
wearable headset
a headset is only for getting voice/sound and to speak.
There is not Monitorvisibility in here.

So i don´t know how you could see ANY Monitor (no matter which) with JUST A HEADSET

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
a headset is only for getting voice/sound and to speak.
There is not Monitorvisibility in here.

So i don´t know how you could see ANY Monitor (no matter which) with JUST A HEADSET
Google "virtual reality headset"

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I own a pair of the Rokid AR Max glasses and I am happy with them, initially I purchased them for a project a client of mine needed, but as I see that there are lots of companies getting into this type of wearables I decided to purchase a pair for me, it does take a while to get used to them, and what I like most is that you can adjust them so that you don't need to use corrective lenses.

There is a number of applications that can be thought of with these wearables.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
We used to have our students wear inversion glasses (prism inverter) for a day and do odd tasks - that would be a fun application (make it do it randomly 😉).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
apple vision pro:

another option:

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks everyone for your responses. My question to all:
Do the glasses support viewing multiple monitors on Windows. That is what I am looking for.
It APPEARS the RayNeo Air 2 XR do, but I will need to try them to see if they work for me.
The others - some do support this - or it's coming soon - or it is a bit of a hack.