B4A Library VitamioB4A - a B4A-wrapper of the vitamio-plugin (advanced videoview-library)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just search "Mjpeg" and you'll get THIS library.

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just search "Mjpeg" and you'll get THIS library.

I have seen this but it is not a real MJPEG Streamer.
It is only refreshing the image x times a second.

Thanks for respond

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have seen this but it is not a real MJPEG Streamer.
It is only refreshing the image x times a second.

Thanks for respond

No Help Yet.:BangHead:
Really need this for MJPEG and H264

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
While FFMPEG could probably do what you want, you must remember that this is a VideoView-library wich can decode many codecs not supported natively by Android.

As far as I understand from the API-documetnation, this library, which I wrapped, cannot create a stream-output (encode). If you see in the documentaion that this is possible, please let me know where and I will see what I can do.

No Help Yet.:BangHead:
Really need this for MJPEG and H264

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User

Thanks for help.
If I find something I let you know.

pixelpop

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using an emulator that was created to Platform 2.2.3, API Level 10. When I compile and run the example, I get a message: "Not compatible, Vitamio is not compatible with your device."

Does this have to do with the platform/API level of the emulator or a hardware property that I have not added to the emulator?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I know you need an actual device to use and test Vitamio.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

ericvanderhoeven

Licensed User
Longtime User
video view orientation

Hi,

Susu pointed me to this external lib. I am looking for a way/parameter to change the playing orientation of the video inside the videoview. 99% of my app works in Portrait (locked to it in B4A's IDE) but when I want to play a video via videoview, I rather play it ''landscape'' without going through all the trouble of saving states etc.. Currently the only way (for me) to play landscape is to force the entire device to landscape (via e.g. phone.setscreenorientation(0)) but that raises a reset to Activity_Create (and I have to revert to statemanager to safeguard and reload my active parameters) and thus is a bit of a sledgehammer to drive a small nail through a piece of paper...

So just a simple parameter to set the playing orientation inside a videoview would do wonders (OK, OK, for me that is hahaha) !!

Like e.g. Orient, constant =
0 (landscape)
1 (portrait)
2 (reverse landscape)
3 (reverse portrait)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

asiammyself

Licensed User
Longtime User
Giving the thread a read through and haven't seen this asked. This wrapper includes ffmpeg? Would it be possible to convert a series of pictures into a video? Or is this more for playing video files? Gonna do some more reading on Vitamio and see what I come up with.

realblue

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Monster67,

Thank you for the great work.

Do you think vitamio is a good start to create skype like application, or any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

BTW I streamed some video files with VLC player using RTP but I couldn't get it played wit vitamio.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Monster67,

Thank you for the great work.

Do you think vitamio is a good start to create skype like application, or any other suggestion?

Not sure what you mean with skype....if you mean if you can send video-files (video conversations), I don't think so. This library is the same as the videoview-library but with some extra goodies such as the handling of many more video and audio codecs (includes FFMPEg) and some methods not available in the standard videoview-library.

BTW I streamed some video files with VLC player using RTP but I couldn't get it played wit vitamio.

I have never tried RTP but you could try this:

B4X:
vv.LoadVideo("http","RTP://yourvideoURL")

realblue

Licensed User
Longtime User
In one of my projects I need to give a functionality of two way communicating both voice and video between desktop application and android device. So I am looking for a library to help me on this.

Does anybody have an idea?

In order to try RTP with vitamio I streamed a video using VLC player. But vv.LoadVideo("http","RTP://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx") didn't work.

blong

Licensed User
Longtime User
Network media player

Greetings Moster67

I have played a little with this Video wrapper and you have done a great job...

I am working with a Cubieboard an Android based ARM10 board

FYI Cubieboard | Open ARM Box

I would like to develop a Network Media Player ... I was disappointed with the wrapper not being able to handle HD video without massive pixellation and reduced quality. I assume this is inherent with wrappers ??

Mind you I have installed media player apps from GooglePlayStore and they won't play HD movies without problems either... massive audio lag etc.

I currently have a media box called Egreat R200 which I use to watch movies at home and it works very well. Beautiful HD playback but just some options in the GUI I would like to have.... i.e. a "just for me" type media player.

It confuses me because the Egreat has only a 750Mhz processor whilst the Cubieboard is 1Mhz.

I even installed XBMC and that will not play HD video properly on the Cubieboard !

Any comments/direction/suggestions on how I should proceed would be appreciated.

microbox

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Moster67, thank you so much for library...I'm using it on my application project..but I am too experiencing pixelated view and audio lags on my MK802 device. I hope there is a solution for it.

Kind regards,
microbox

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if you can do anything about that. Perhaps you can lower the initial buffer-size. There should be a property for that if I recall correctly. It may be very well that the codec is not optimized for the Vitamio-version I wrapped. Maybe Warwound's updated version handles this format better (being more recent)? See this thread:

Video View Fullscreen And On Top On Ouya

Sorry I couldn't be more of help.

elitevenkat

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Just want to know if i could stream the camera video ? I went through the entire thread but i could not find (missed?) the info!
if it is possible kindly let me have any link to it.
venkat

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I've tried to use this library in order to play an ogg opus audio stream from a network resource. It works for other codecs but not for opus, so I've recompiled the ffmpeg library with libopus support following the instructions here:
http://www.vitamio.org/en/2013/Tutorial_0509/13.html
but is about version 4 of vitamio and this library seems to be for version 3 (the one available in Play Store).

There is any way to include another ffmpeg library in vitamio plugin or directly in the B4A library?
If not, there is any option availble in B4A for ogg/opus stream playback?

Thanks a lot,
Dan

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Dan,

Please note that my version of the Vitamio-wrapper covered, I believe, only the first version of Vitamio. As you say, Vitamio is currently at version 4 and Warwound has made an updated wrapper of Vitamio which you can find in this thread:

Video View Fullscreen And On Top On Ouya

Maybe that updated version can be of help.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Dan,

Please note that my version of the Vitamio-wrapper covered, I believe, only the first version of Vitamio. As you say, Vitamio is currently at version 4 and Warwound has made an updated wrapper of Vitamio which you can find in this thread:
I'm not sure to understand the license of Vitamio 4. It seems it is no longer a free product, except for your own use.
Here are the unclear sentences:
1. Everyone except individual needs to buy the Vitamio license, such as: government agency, education,institution, association, enterprise etc.

2. The Vitamio standard edition only limited to individual developers is free.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree about the license. It is very unclear.

It seems like if you write apps for yourself (in your own publisher-name), you may use the standard license since you are an "individual". However, if you write an app for a third party, I think at this point you must negotiate a standard license-fee. This is my guess but I have no idea.

I wrote some time ago asking for clarification but I never received a reply. I think all versions until Vitamio 3 are completely free but starting from Version 4, you may (or you may not) need to stipulate a standard license. Maybe someone else has tried to write asking for clarifications?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…