Android Question webview crashing on lollipop with Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0

kostefar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,

The full error is as follows:

Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 13801 (Thread-1037)

.. and it happens when ending a webrtc call between a lollipop device and a higher version of Android, for instance through https://appr.tc/ though it´s been tried on others as well with the same result.
With ending I mean simply going to another URL.
Now, this is not a problem in b4x: The behavour is the same in the stock browser on the two devices where it´s been tested: LG G3, and Genymotion.
What I´m hoping for is if someone could clarify whether if there´s a way for b4a to ignore this error, let the webview discretely crash in the background and go on with the application where it´s being used.
The same thing happends (to the lollipop webview) if the person with a higher version of Android closes his app/browser while in a call, btw...
I know that the right way is to look for a way to modify the javascript launched in the webview, but I´d assume that this may not be so easy, since appr.tc still has the bug, and that´s the most used demo site outthere for webrtc, where you´d imagine that someone would have tried fixing it.
Additionally, I´m not java geek at all, so I´d rather first of all have a quick fix of the problem in b4a, although it´s not the best solution.

Thanks in advance!

kostefar

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not possible to catch such errors. It is a low level error that crashes the process virtual machine.

Thanks Erel,

At least it´s something that only happens with latest chrome webview (57) and prolly will be fixed.

Upvote 0