B4R Question where is Arduino.exe

GPJMA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Iin configure paths Basic4R is asking for Arduino.exe. there is no file with that name on my window 11 syste, it is only identified as Arduino IDE.
so how do I configure the path to Arduin IDE or how do I get Arduino.exe.
I have been a Basic4Android user for several years but only just decided to try this instead of programing in th Android IDE.

Hope someone can help me with this.

teddybear

Licensed User
Iin configure paths Basic4R is asking for Arduino.exe. there is no file with that name on my window 11 syste, it is only identified as Arduino IDE.
so how do I configure the path to Arduin IDE or how do I get Arduino.exe.
I have been a Basic4Android user for several years but only just decided to try this instead of programing in th Android IDE.

Hope someone can help me with this.
Here is the link, it is from this page

Upvote 0

GPJMA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. Really appreciate you taking the time to help.
on both my windows 11 PC's the Arduino IDE is found in
C:\Program Files\Arduino\Arduino IDE.
it is not in Program Files(x86) and there is no application named Arduino.exe.
I am goint to try and just re-name the .IDE to .exe and give that a go.
Having tried that on one PC when i do a search for it from the Configure paths the dialogue
the file does not appear. but it does in windows explorer.
Very strange.
By the way I am running the very latest IDE from Arduino.com. Maybe that is a problem too.

Thanks again for your advice.

As a follow uo. I have downloaded earlier version of Arduino IDE. and that has solved the issue.
It is a pity really because I prefer Arduino 2.0.

Anyway many thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Arduino IDE is already an exe file - if you rename it it will be Arduino.exe.exe
maybe rename it to just Arduino and try

Upvote 0

GPJMA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually the .IDE is read by the application as .exe, but Basic4R is looking at it in literal fashin and needs to 'see' Arduino.exe.
I did re-name the file and from the point of view of running the application it works fine.
Cheers and Thanks.

Upvote 0