WHY NOT MAKE FREE AD SUPPORTED APPS FOR IOS!!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
people should show some respect to programmers that give out stuff for free.

as long as the ads are not too annoying I don't care.

I've seen some annoying ads that are on or under the main menu so that you almost everytime clicked it by accident or suddenly appeared in the game, crew those.

D

Deleted member 103

The problem is that for most users the games should be free and without advertising.:(

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem is that for most users the games should be free and without advertising.:(

U r right. We should protest by setting all our apps to 100$ for sale and no more free versions.

Maybe apple will change like this their attitude to free apps.

EDIT: btw i think google has a big part of that attitude to apps

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the attitude of the end user is the problem.

That setting is more to prevent over usage of 3G data.

I remember when an eployee of a client had his first smartphone around 2010 (an HTC I believe) and after the first month she had a bill of €1700.

Apparently some app was greedy on (back then) Edge/GPRS traffic.

That setting is to prevent this I guess.

Indeed, in most countries you get 1Gb or unlimited traffic but in others it's still pricy.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HAHA... look what i have found in android 6+

Screenshot_2016-08-04-12-04-07.png
Screenshot_2016-08-04-12-04-34.png

when you go to settings, app manager you can turn off "BACKGROUND" mobile data to each app what means your app will not be able to download anything (access any url) when it is in background.

so ads will still work only background activities will be not able to use mobile data (wifi will still work).
i have the filling that soon (maybe android 7) they will also let u choose whether you want to disable also mobile data when the app is in forground.

i guess i will need to look for a new hobby then coding :p

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't mind that as ads are still forground as you mentioned.

I read that they implemented an ad blocker in Safari.. hopefully they don't push that to the apps or we're screwed.

tpakis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think a good solution is a free version that works only if the user is online to see ads (check at app start) and shows a popup for a paid version with the same functionality that can work offline.