B4R Question WiFi remote configuration, Nexus devices???

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anybody tried connecting to an ESP8266 using a Nexus 5 or 6P chrome browser (or even webview on the previously mentioned devices) when it has 'WiFi remote configuration' installed?

When I connect to 192.168.4.1 and I try to connect to the SSID with a password via my N5 and 6P, all I get is absolutely nothing (a blank screen and a long time afterwards a timeout message), I get the same through Webview via an app that I created. But when I try the same thing via a Chrome browser on a Galaxy S4, it works perfect in the chrome browser and also via Webview in my app, it also works perfectly fine via my laptop browsers too. It just refuses to work on my N5 and 6P, oh yes it does not work on my partners 5X either, I've not tried any of my Galaxy or Nexus tablets as yet.

Please note that the N5 is stock with absolutely nothing installed on it apart from B4A-bridge, my TIX clock and my EPoS printing solution.

As you can clearly see below (S4 screen shot), everything works perfectly fine on an S4, it also works perfectly fine via the Chrome browser on the S4. I don't use the S4, it does not receive updates from the Play Store on purpose, it's for testing only. I'm thinking that it maybe a Webview issue of some kind.
Screenshot_2017-03-22-06-12-28.png

Thank you...

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for the response @Erel,
So after messing about with all my devices I have finally got it working on N5, 5X and 6P. Believe it or not I have to disable the 4G on those 3 devices, but I don't have to disable the 4G on any of my other devices, that is really strange.

Does anybody have any ideas?

NOT WORKING - 4G On and connected to ESP8266

cantbereached.jpg

WORKING - 4G Off and connected to ESP8266
working.jpg

Thank you...

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That actually does not make sense to me @Erel. In the first post the screen shot from an S4 shows everything working as expected and that phone has a fully working 4G SIM card installed, so has my S5 and that works perfect too, just the Nexus phones that I have need to have the 4G turned off which I do find strange.

Once again thank you...

Upvote 0

mrred128

Licensed User
Longtime User
That actually does not make sense to me @Erel. In the first post the screen shot from an S4 shows everything working as expected and that phone has a fully working 4G SIM card installed, so has my S5 and that works perfect too, just the Nexus phones that I have need to have the 4G turned off which I do find strange.

Once again thank you...

Samsung does heavy modification to the Android OS they run. The Nexus is textbook Android. It makes perfect sense.

Upvote 0