wish DesktopOnly.dll update

lqg2118

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish OpenDialogEx could multiselect files and/or directories in future.

More and more users use b4p on desktop only.

For with it you could develop an useful application very quickly and easy for the sake of many useful dlls.

Thanks

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Use OpenDialogEx from my ControlsExDesktop which supports multi-select for files but not folders. This is the expected behaviour of the .NET OpenFileDialog. As far as I know there is no dialog in .NET that can select multiple folders.

Check out all my other desktop libraries listed here.

lqg2118

Licensed User
Longtime User
Use OpenDialogEx from my ControlsExDesktop which supports multi-select for files but not folders. This is the expected behaviour of the .NET OpenFileDialog. As far as I know there is no dialog in .NET that can select multiple folders.

Check out all my other desktop libraries listed here.

Thank you,Agraham,your dlls are very cute,with them I have done so much,but sometimes miss something I do desire.

Last edited:

lqg2118

Licensed User
Longtime User
I suspect it is so rare that no system, even outside Microsoft, has ever offered it. Unless you know otherwise...

Mike.

I used to select several folders from a group of folders at the same time,move or copy them to somewhere.

now I need to rename folders at the same time ,so I'm programming with b4p,need to multiselect them, of course, with listbox and item with checkbox I could do it, but that make life complicate...

lqg.

Last edited:

mjcoon

Licensed User
I used to select several folders from a group of folders at the same time,move or copy them to somewhere.

now I need to rename folders at the same time ,so I programming with b4p,need to multiselect them, of course, with listbox and item with checkbox could do it, but that make life complicate...

lqg.

Yeah, I withdraw my comment; I see that Explorer (on XP and probably back a long way) allows multiple selections of files and/or folders. I've used this for zipping just what I wanted...

Mike.