[Wish] Forum Add-On: Username Change

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel
I would like to see the username change process be automated via The Username Change Add-On. Benefits of using an add-on vs contacting support/Erel:
  1. Contains a public track record of username changes.
  2. Automates the username change process. (Thus more time for you to work on B4X, LOL.)
  3. For those of us with thinking like mine, this would allow us to change our username without having to worry about bothering support/Erel. (Especially for those of us who said the previous change request was going to be our last :oops:;))

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been postponing my username change precisely for that reason, trackability... I would like my "huge" list of followers to keep track of me, even if I'm no longer Cableguy!

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Cableguy
One of the biggest reasons I want to change my username is my current one is from a period of my life that I basically want to "bury"/"forget". (I don't mind it being in the "username change history" (if the plugin is installed) as that is basically out of sight.)

The only problem, is that I've already had Erel change my name three previous times (From WhiteholeSoftware to ColdBlueLava to GreenUFO13.) and don't want to bother him once again. (Yes, having to bother someone to do something so small, like a username change, does bother me.)

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Send me a PM and I'll change your user name.
Alright.

Send me a PM and I'll change your user name. Overall I don't think that it is a good idea to make name changes too simple. It can confuse other members.
The neat thing about the linked plugin is that you can configure it to automatically make "announcements" about username changes.