Wish Wish List (My personal top 10)

MarcRB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel and your team,

First, I realy love B4A. I also used B4PPC but Android has more future. Programming in B4A makes me happy. Thanks for all the good work and the fast responce in the forum!

Here are some wishes for the next version(s):
(Many of them are also wished by others in this forum)
  1. Button in toolbar for reconnecting B4Abridge.
  2. Combobox with the last 10 IP-adresses (with devicename option) in B4Abridge Wireless dialog.
  3. Button in toolbar for collapse /expand the code outlining.
  4. Remember outlining (collapse /expand) so it is intact after re-opening a project.
  5. Show asterisks * in password field for private signkey. Now it is direct visible for everyone.
  6. Can copy a set of selected views to an other layout, with all thier settings
    (name, possition, size, color, text .....).
  7. Some way to get more structure in our files. Maybe we can use folders for seperating imagefiles and .lay files in the project 'files' folder.
  8. Can copy the value of a variable during debug. I know we can use 'log', but when you are interested in a value during debug (without a log) you can only see that value in the variable list at the bottom of the ide. But in this version we can't copy a value form that list. Mostly I want to copy SQL-statements for testing outside B4A in a DBMS to see what is wrong and direct change it until it works fine. Then I know faster where to change my B4A code.
  9. Better view for creating datatables. HTMLview (table) moves the titlebar if you scroll.
  10. An embedded tasklist wich we can fill with our programming tasks / bugs. Just like in Visual Studio. Now I use a simple seperate tool for it, but embedded in B4A with some options to set a bookmark from your task to the module or codeline can make it more perfect! Especialy when you work on big projects.

Best regards,
Marc