susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a basic but useful view, huh?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe I didn't tell you about the problem enough:

I build my own web services to collect data and export into xml file. My Android app will retrieve data from xml file. I want to display the content on a ScrollView so that user can scroll up/down to read. But I can't control the length of the text (it can be very long but sometime it's short).

- Firstly, I tried EditText but I deleted it because I can't change the transparency level (and keyboard will pop up when user touch it).

- Now the only way is combining Label with ScrollView. But how can I set the Label.Height if I don't know how long the text will be? It's the same with Inner Height property of ScrollView. All I can do is set it a very big value and hope the text length will not over it. But with short text, it's very ugly (and looks amatuer).

Please do something. Thank you.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel, but if you add TextView into B4A, my life will be easier

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh, so I need a... SuperTextView :icon_clap:

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
susu, there is an identical discussion in the Questions forum. See it here. Maybe this will help, as the problems already been resolved

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I resolved the problem with that code already

jroriz

Licensed User
Longtime User
After much trying, I came to a very very simple and effective solution: webview!

Use YourWebview.LoadHtml ("<html> <body>" & YourLongFile & "</ body> </ html>")

Thed webview will do the trick... That simple.

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
sweet, let me try this...

Very simple solution, thanks!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…