With B4A - can we do the same dialog like this?

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I searched for a while in our forums (transparent activity, modal dialog, custom toast, topmost, kiosk mode, dialog library etc...) but I am afraid that I am not very updated on this. So I decided to post here.

Can we do the same like the screenshot attached?

1) Please note that the dialog is NOT within its main application which is Call Recorder application, that is running in the background. The dialog will appear only when you click on the callog item from the Phone application (you can note that the dialog is in the top most front, and the Phone application is behind it) --> so it is very similar to toast message, but with buttons.

2) And when you touch the background (behind the dialog) the dialog will disappear, so you can feel you still can "interact" with the background (so it is not the tranparent activity) --> it is very similar to floating windows (but here the dialog cannot be moved).

Any idea or suggestion how can we do it with B4A. I mean I just need to know the direction where I have to go (sorry but I am currently unable to write a library with B4A). Thank you so much.

Best

bsnqt

Attachments

• Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
You could try something like THIS class.

@NJDude:

I checked it. It is just a GREAT class, I love it so much, all the skinned and customized dialogs :sign0098:. Thanks for sharing this. It surely will help me out in my current and future projects.

How about the fact that their dialog will appear when we click on the callog item (i.e from another application) and that the dialog is out from its main activity (i.e. not an in-app dialog). Any idea from you?

Thanks once again.

Upvote 0