WLAN Question

linum

Licensed User
I have the following scenario: I'm working on an app where employees from our company will record data into a PDA. They will then submit the data into our network via their PDA. The thing is that the PDAs are not connected to the WLAN (we don't want them using the PDAs for surfing the net). So my question is; is there a simple way so that my program can connect to the WLAN when they click on the submit button and after transferring the data it then ends the WLAN connection? Is there a library that will handle this? If so, which one...

My program will easily submit data in this form:

B4X:
fileCopy("fileName", "//Server/FolderName")

Thank you for your help;

linum

Licensed User
Well, they don't know the password that would enable them to login, so I wanted to see if I login and enter the correct password programically. I guess what I mean to say is that we have WIFI; they don't know what the password is to connect so I wanted my program to login automatically and then log out right away.

Zenerdiode

Licensed User
Could you arrange for your Wireless Access Point, Wireless router or Firewall to block the Http port (Port 80)? That will stop their Internet access.