WM6.1 Backlight Timeout (Registry)

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ever since I upgraded my AT&T Tilt to the 6.1 ROM, my backlight timeout resets to 8 seconds every time I power off. More information can be found here.

Attached is a simple program to read the registry value from the advanced power settings and resetting the backlight timeout to the same value. This could have been done using Mortscript or sharpdevelop/vb.net, but I thought I'd drive some interest in the B4PPC language. :)

Requires registry library (included in zip)

Also, what works for me may not work for thee. Any program that touches the registry should be used with caution.

10/2/08 update includes:

* a simple installer "install" to install resetbl to events table, to be executed every time the device is turned on.
* a second installer "install2" install resetbl to events table, to be executed after a synch
* a simple uninstaller "uninstall" - to remove resetbl from events table

Attachments

• resetbl.zip
    226.6 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hardware Library - RunAppAtEvent

I just stumbled across the "RunAppAtEvent" method in the hardware library. After spending 2 minutes to write an app to launch my "reset backlight" program I think I have a very tolerable solution to the annoying WM 6.1 bug where the backlight is reset to 10 seconds every time the PDA is turned off.

Attached is "run" which adds the "resetbl" program to launch every time the device is turned on.

I've been testing this all day and it seems to be working on my AT&T Tilt

10/2/08 update includes:

* a simple installer "install" to install resetbl to events table, to be executed every time the device is turned on.
* a second installer "install2" install resetbl to events table, to be executed after a synch
* a simple uninstaller "uninstall" - to remove resetbl from events table

(see main post)

Last edited:

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the HTC fix link

Thanks for the HTC fix link. I had actually replaced the one I wrote with one that one of the forum posters wrote on the AT&T board and have had no problems since. Glad to see that AT&T and HTC finally put out an official fix.