WMSpellChecker library

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - I see what you mean. What I can do, is to implement a "quick fix" that will permit you to obtain the word that the spellchecking-engine didn't find in the dictionary although I believe at this point I'm better off implementing the highlighting through selection. Give me a day or two and I will post an updated version of the library.

As to adding words to the base-dictionary, this will be possible soon by a small desktop-utility I am writing. However, in a future release of the library, you will be able to add a "user-dictionary" where you can add words that you would like to be considered "as correct" by the library although they are not present (or not correct) in the base-dictionary. This could be useful for words that are spellt (or spelled) differently in British-, American- and Australian-English.

That's all fine but if I could also get the word that is currently converted to uppercase it could then be place into a text box where you might type your own correction etc. Thus showing what word we are on. Obviously highlighting would be better but even if you never figure out highlighting this would be a good feature. As said it could the be easily edited to add to the dictionary.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have finally found some time, especially peace and tranquility, to move on with this library.

I just wondered if someone could help me to test out the new library and its support for non-English languages. I have prepared dictionaries for the following languages:

Swedish (works - tested by me)
German
French
Spanish

What regards the Spanish dictionary, it has a limitation due to its size, namely that on the device it can be run only using NearMiss-mode while on the desktop it can be used in full-mode (Soundex or DoubleMetaPhone). The other dictionaries work in full mode both on the device and the desktop.

So, I am looking for beta-testers who can test a sample-application (both on the desktop and the device) and to verify if the results (suggestions) produced by the spellchecking-engine are correct/reasonable. I guess I need beta-testers whose mother tongue is, (or at least having a very good knowledge of), German, French or/and Spanish. I will finish the sample-application during this weekend.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks.