version 2.6 requires B4A 3.20Introduction
Since I discovered b4a, I got lost in its wonderland. The possibilities are endless and the RAD factor is HUGE. So me and my team started preparing our codebase and environment for the upcoming android transition using the amazing b4a speed wagon!
The first step was to ensure that we have a consistent user experience which is compliant with the android guidelines. The second step was to encapsulate as much code as possible. Our moto is more RAD and less code. In that spirit we started XtraViews which will be constantly updated as long as we build our front end android library.
Latest package (library files and samples)
The library files are ultra small and less that 50K. The rest are animated gifs.
Compiled demos (apk)
LayoutView1, DialogView1, DialogView2, DialogView3, DialogView4, DialogView Tutorial, MovieView1, MovieView2
XtraViews currently consists of the following powerful classes:
An alternative way of loading and accessing activity layouts with fully automated layout translation capability!
Use the powerful b4a layout designer to visually design your modal custom dialogs. Use a singe line of code with the least possible parameters to invoke the dialog and your main activity as you already know to control its behavior.
Tutorial thread: http://www.basic4ppc.com/android/fo...omplete-walk-through-guide.43034/#post-261037
Use (transparent) animated gifs in your app. Resize them freely while retaining the original aspect ratio.
Tutorial thread: http://www.basic4ppc.com/android/forum/threads/xtraviews-movieview-tutorial.42830/
Long press on an element and a 'cheat sheet' (tooltip toast) will appear describing the action. Original code: https://plus.google.com/ RomanNurik/posts/QrMMFNck5MA
A flexible native and cancelable toast.
How to use
1. Extract the contents of the library package anywhere on your hard disk.
2. Copy the xtraviews jar+xml to your B4A libraries folder.
3. Explore the samples.
- [DialogView] Refactored: Enabled automatic translation by refactoring the BaseLayoutView class
- [LayoutView] Added: Automated translation using standard android resources
- Renamed: DialogViewViews class renamed to LayoutView
- Added: LayoutView is now an activity object
- Added: DialogViewViews object with all known ViewWrapper members
- Changed: DialogLayoutView.GetView and DialogView.GetView changed to DialogLayoutView.Views.Get and DialogView.Views.Get
- Added: DialogView.Options.Dimensions.MODE_STRETCH_TEXT to allow textsize adjustment of buttons and textviews while scaled
- Fixed: Panels are now being resized properly while scaled
- Added: DialogView.Options.Dimensions.MODE_STRETCH and DialogView.Options.Dimensions.MODE_ANCHORS
- finalized object model, samples and tutorials
- Initial version