PayPal MPL library

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that you should move the call to ProgressDialogHide out of the if block.

You should show a message to the user that there was a problem connecting to PayPal server.

Ok , Thanks

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I have 3 quick questions, can you please advise:

1) The Mobile SDK is a different SDK and is only supported in the US. --> What do you mean by saying that? Do you mean only the US sellers can receive the payments from PayPal or only US users can pay? So sorry I did not use Paypal so far so I cannot understand.

2) Can I use PayPal method to sell my app in Google market? I cannot have InApp nor Google Merchant account as Google does not yet support my location (country).

3) If the answer for question (2) is “NO”, then which method currently is the best to be used to sell a paid APK? Zooz?

I did make a search around in our Forum but the information I got is still very confused for me...

Thank you very much.

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I have 3 quick questions, can you please advise:

1) The Mobile SDK is a different SDK and is only supported in the US. --> What do you mean by saying that? Do you mean only the US sellers can receive the payments from PayPal or only US users can pay? So sorry I did not use Paypal so far so I cannot understand.

2) Can I use PayPal method to sell my app in Google market? I cannot have InApp nor Google Merchant account as Google does not yet support my location (country).

3) If the answer for question (2) is “NO”, then which method currently is the best to be used to sell a paid APK? Zooz?

I did make a search around in our Forum but the information I got is still very confused for me...

Thank you very much.

If you don't mind i can give you some answers

1. With Erel's wrapper, you can sell everywhere, where paypal is supported, not just in US
2. For now you can , i sell my aps that way, publish as freeware, sel licences through your app with paypal
3. Zooz is very good system , but i quitted it because suddenly they need my personal informations like copy of my ID card (never ever someone asked me that info on the internet)

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Jaames, many thanks for your answer and advice, I am clear now... it gives me direction where to go with my current situation.
2. For now you can , i sell my aps that way, publish as freeware, sel licences through your app with paypal
--> Do you mean you sell your APK in the Google Play?
Once again thank you.
(Though, I still cannot understand what Erel said "The Mobile SDK is a different SDK and is only supported in the US"... )

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
(Though, I still cannot understand what Erel said "The Mobile SDK is a different SDK and is only supported in the US"... )
PayPal are offering two SDKs to developers. The new one which is named Mobile SDK is currently only supported in the US. This wrapper wraps PayPal MPL library which is NOT limited to US.

Avansys

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the RequestPayment, Can I add an item description?

Avansys

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a setDescription method in the PayPal native library however it is deprecated. I'm currently unable to find their documentation so I'm not sure why it is deprecated.
Hi,

Thanks for your help,
I solved my problem with the library ZooZ

Thanks.

jcredk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

Just a small question: I understand that this library allows paypal paiments within the application where I believed that Google "was imposing" a mandatory in-app billing taking a 30% fee ?
Is this integration of paypal, a risk in the application publication?
Does anyone have some experience positive or negative in application acceptance by google while using this library ?

Thanks,

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

Just a small question: I understand that this library allows paypal paiments within the application where I believed that Google "was imposing" a mandatory in-app billing taking a 30% fee ?
Is this integration of paypal, a risk in the application publication?
Does anyone have some experience positive or negative in application acceptance by google while using this library ?

Thanks,

Hi

I'm using PayPal lib for over one year of period, and my apps have made hundreds of transactions.
and I didn't have any issues with google for now.

But it is risky of course.

Avansys

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this a secure library to protect user data?

Avansys

Licensed User
Longtime User
This library is a wrapper over PayPal library. Assuming that PayPal library is secure then this library is secure as well.
Thanks Erel =)

Avansys

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an error when I want to use my app in a 10.1'' Tablet (Always the result is fail), but when I use the same app in the same network in a smartphone the result is succesful, What happen there?

syncmaster13

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI

I would like to confirm than PayPal button doesn't shows on tablets. I did same tests on: kindle fire with custom rom, nexus 7, dell venue 8 and galaxy tab 8 . Phones has no problem with displaying it. Did anybody find a solution to solve this problem or it is related to PayPal MPL ?

syncmaster13

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank You
And one question. How to change button text from "pay" to donate" ?
Quote from the documentation
"If the buttonTextType parameter is set to 'TEXT_DONATE,‟ the word “Pay” in the above buttons is replaced by “Donate.”"