I Prefer Like to Thank You

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the best and most direct way to acknowledge if a post answered one’s question is simply to click ‘like’, rather than answer ‘thank you’ or give any other answer, unless of course there is a follow up or the answer needs to be emphasized further or offers more code or insight. Although ‘like’ is symbolic and very relative and does not win anyone a reward, it indicates that the user that asked it has read the responding post and concurs with it, if not fully at least with the principle. Another good advantage to answering with ‘like’ is, it makes fewer posts to a thread and renders it more readable. The answer becomes more visible and not drowned by inconsequential accolades. One thing I will bet on is, if Erel gets a total of the posts that have only ‘Thank you’ or something similar, the number will top 50000. If you have an opinion, please offer it.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would prefer the words, because I really notice the interest of the person, and even more if he makes the effort to translate his words when the person is of another language.

Jorge M A

Licensed User
I would prefer the words, because I really notice the interest of the person, and even more if he makes the effort to translate his words when the person is of another language.
I agree, this is invaluable an more "human reaction"... previous with a "Like"...:)