Share My Creation [B4X] [TOOL][SOURCE] lm Snippets Manager

I definitely want to speed up the development of my softwares; I decided to develop a very useful snippets manager.

Although the main purpose is to have all your snippets at your fingertips, saved in a local db, cataloged and easy to find, I have also added the possibility of inserting those that are on b4x.com and also a link to their page.

I am sure that it will also be of use to all the members of our beautiful community.

I'll fill it with my own snippets, as I'm sure you will too, but also the best and most useful ones that are on site.

New version, 3.1.0 (see this post).

NEW Version 3.0.0 - 07/19/2022 - Replaced the import-export part.

Version 2.3.0 - 03/29/2022 - Added import-export.

Version 2.2.0 - Added "wildcards" to filter for snippet name. Also added ToolTipTexts. See post #86.

Version 2.1.0 - Added a very useful list of most recent snippets used (window always on top). See post #40.

Ready 2.0.0 version, which implements the feature shown in
post #34, code highlighting (which had a hard to solve bug).

Source code - Min. donation: 16 euros.
Obviously you are not allowed to publish/sell the lmSnippetManager source code.

NOTE: to create the stand-alone (exe) version, use:
Download OpenJDK 14.0.1
EDIT: see this post. You have to add javafx folder to that OpenJDK 14.0.1.

Made with love in B4X... of course!!!

Last edited:

omarruben

Licensed User
Longtime User
looks a great tool to find code, the forums are great but takes too much time to find something, question : does it save the snippets locally ? I would love to have a big library of snippets on my computer on the road without internet

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
looks a great tool to find code, the forums are great but takes too much time to find something, question : does it save the snippets locally ? I would love to have a big library of snippets on my computer on the road without internet
Sure, it's made just for that, to manage your own snippets (SQLite local db).

Since there are also snippets on b4x.com, I added the possibility to insert these too or just the link.

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
I saw that you have started the countdown for the minimum donation, that you say by Saturday the countdown reaches 5 euros.😜😁

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Post #7... there is a very stupid, small bug (I don't know who wrote that line of code that wasn't there in the first version; someone who was sleeping, probably :confused:); do you see it?

Label Author is "shifted" towards the center; there was only one line of script in the Designer, without any sense! Maybe it was a test, then to take off.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe I say bullshit, have you thought of a b4a version? it would be very convenient for me.😁
No, in fact, I usually start with B4XPages projects but I thought this was only useful for desktop.
If you want (and others want) I could also make the B4A version.

For the moment I only got a lot of likes (thanks to everyone) but only a real request 🤔:) (maybe because it's too cheap, I should increase the required donation 😆)

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
I'm here, I would be more comfortable with version b4a (source included) as well as b4j (source included) 😁😁