Android Question Is it possible to make with B4A

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokinet

Licensed User
I have to make small android app which will query a web server over http/https and get reply from it as json type formatted respond from server.
If respond status is ok then I need to send a SMS message which can be multi-part text based message (longer then 160 chars sometimes) to recipient.
Recipient (mobile phone number) can be different each time.

Main concern and question is:

Is it possible to use B4A to make such app which will do this and work in background?

Android device will be used only for this use and will be all the time connected on power 24x7.
This also means that it will not be any other user activates on this android device.

Something like automated machine and notification system and replacement for combination of regular PC workstation and GSM modem for such things.

Extra question for this is, since I know for issue regarding to Message app and Android OS (that only Messages app can delete (write) messages), is there any way to delete messages or purge them automated even after some time because of memory? I mean for sent ones?

Thanks.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes to the first question and Yes to the second question.

Obviously it is complicated to do it, but much less to do it with Android Studio.

I hope I have helped you

Upvote 0

bokinet

Licensed User
If I understand you well, so it's possible to make with B4A or miss something?

Which tool you would use for this? B4A or Android Studio?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

bokinet

Licensed User
@Erel
It's better to ask before start doing things :)
Anyway it's left me to resolve purging of sms messages which was sent to save storage memory.
By looking your samples and some of your video tutorials guess issue is still deleting sms messages :)

Upvote 0

bokinet

Licensed User
I found some app (name SMS Organizer) on Google Play store and try. It has a part in which you define rules to apply on sms which comes/goes in/out.

And yes as you say that app should default sms app.

But I tried in combination with code for sending messages from B4A and i found out that after you run Messages app (which was stock sms app), messages will stay on device even if they are deleted from SMS Organizer app.

So, in short issue is if you after you setting up def. app to your own app as sms def. app run again messages app - then sms will remain on device even if you delete - actually then they are not permanently delete.

I was testing all this on Android 6.0.1 using Nexus 5 device.

Upvote 0

bokinet

Licensed User
i searched now on forum for sms deleting and guess it is a still open and under question solution for doing it for android os newer then version 4.4
So what is a point to ask when old ones are still under question :)
Guess should investigate a bit about it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.